Thursday, July 11, 2013

wrong assumptions

Just today I had a meeting with the ministry in charge of deal with disable people.
Saying 'deal with' I mean the ministry in charge of issue policies and action plans to fight discrimination, create accessibility, integration, equal opportunities.

There is a call for proposal focused especially on development if the rights of disable and women.
And so, people like me, specialized in water and sanitation, and struggling to hit a donor, starts to read thousand of pages on human rights, disable status, women empowerment. And also go to talk with ministries to know which are the national action plans, priorities, and so on.

I admit I did not, of course, meet the Ministry itself, but still, this man working for the Ministry, after a thirty minutes speech, where no interrupting question were allowed, but often interrupted by his own greasy laughs, ended with:
"My advice is not to work with blind people. They are extremely touchy"

"EXCUSE ME?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment