Friday, January 18, 2013

strike a blow

I spoke a lot about Tajikistan never mentioning the water supply system we were doing.

Two reasons: as I told you I've arrived in Dushanbe as a intern, and then I became project manager for a project already started, studied and provided with materials...so really, the standing ovation for these 11 aqueducts in Ivstarshan is not for me, but for Claudia and the already mentioned Anna.
Second reason: there are already thousand of stories and pictures of good people sacrificing their lives, social activities and whatsoever to save lives around the world.
To be a professional is also not to complain about the best job ever, so I won't.

Do you have in mind the worst Christmas UNICEF picture to raise money showing a malnourished African kid cover by flies?
Well, this is reality. But I don't want your fucking 20 dollars, promising you I'll give him food, education and a peaceful country for you to feel better.
If you want to face the condition the majority of people is living in, you do not need this blog. You know already. I con't teach you anything new.

Anyway I still have many nice anecdotes about Tajikistan, but I'm starving to tell you about Tibet, Tanzania, Haiti and Nepal, the place I'm now.

But, I want to leave you the best recipe ever, truly from Tajikistan: maybe the name was Krutob. Not 100% sure.

Take a kg  of butter and melt it. Put 1 kg of onion clumsily chopped and fry them in the butter. When cold, put some yogurt is you want the slim fast version and then pour it in a wooden bowl with high edges.
You need the high edges to rub fresh green chilly pepper on it and then you take a piece of bread, you dip it in the oily onion, recollecting it you pass over the chilly edge and then you put in your mouth.
Half of it will drip over your arms, and your chin. This very good for your skin and your hypocritical diet. Better in your face than in your stomach.

Oh, gosh. How can I stop to talk about Tajikistan? this recipe just helped me to remember a story about the bread, one about the women and their guest, one about football world champion final in 2006 and a nice fight with an Imam.

Who could think that, at the end, Tajikistan was so entertaining?


tajik table...I mean carpet for special occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment